fot

Re: A gem from the Spit list

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: A gem from the Spit list
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:10:29 EST
Thanks Joe (C),

I read an article speculating that the prototypes and preproduction
prototypes might have been built on a modified TR3A chassis. Kind of makes
sense....saves a bunch of engineering time.

Chassis influence was unmistakable. We were in a dark garage & cramped for
space when Sean & I looked under this beast.

I love these exchanges.

My neighbor has a SP250 that has been lanquishing outside and in his garage
since about 1968, I think. Sadly, I think he is looking in the yellow pages
under gravestones. Absolutley brilliant, but very eccentric guy. The other
neighbors do not hold him in high regard, as he has been given to some
strange activities

<< Joe,
 According to the "Encyclopedia of Classic Cars", it was a copy of the
 TR3 chassis.  It doesn't say that they ever actually used the real
 thing.