fot

Re: Hubs

To: gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: Hubs
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 05:59:43 PST
>From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
>Subject: Hubs
>Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:33:42 -0600
>
>About my hubs on the IRS...
>
>The bearings on the left Rear gave way at Mid Ohio last year...Just ask
>Effinger (his jaw dropped- he couldn't believe that the wheel was still on
>the car.)  Mr. Smock was quite impressed as well.
>I was substantially, lucky.  In any event I dissasembled the unit when I
>got
>home and replaced the bearings...I was under the impression that I had a
>240Z "type" set-up... This modification was supposed to have happened
>around
>1967  when the car was campaigned in SCCA.
>I didn't think 240's came out until 1970..

  A tad earlier than`70, Mordy... A friend has a `69 240Z (I think
  it's #215 of the 240Z production run). I don't think the car was a
  pre-production car. They probably weren't generally available
  until 1970 (I suppose unless you knew someone).

  (Not bearing on bearings just though you might be interested)

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)