fot

Fw: Uglies (was SP250)

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Uglies (was SP250)
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2000 16:21:15 -0000

Uncle Jack wrote

> Furthermore, does anybody share my opinion that the current American
> auto styling is as characterless as a bowl of tapioca pudding? Upon
> hearing that I attended the Chicago Auto Show, a friend asked me what
> were the prettiest cars I saw. Without hesitiation I said, "Jaguar,
> Aston Martin, and BMW".
>
> And if today's cars are characterless, the "concept" cars are all alike
> and all dreadful in a whole new kind of way -- blunt pig noses, shaped
> like box turtles, and sharply sculpted mini-flares over the wheels. I
> can hardly wait for those plug-uglies to hit the streets.

It's the same over here Jack. There's more life in a tramp's vest than
there is in the styling departments this side of the pond. 90% of cars
produced seem to have the same boring, unimaginative shape - no style. It's
no wonder the majority of  European manufacturers ( including Ford) are
cutting back whilst claiming overproduction. They've been overproducing for
years, but overproducing cars with no style or character.

Paul