fot

RE: Flogging Darts

To: baxter culver <peyote222@dellnet.com>
Subject: RE: Flogging Darts
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:27:12 -0800
I guess beauty truly is all in the eye of the beholder. Every time I walk
into my shop I admire Peyote, in the same way I love to look at my Vincent.
It's pretty amazing to see a covered wheel home built body without a
compound curve anywhere in sight, that still manages to be low and (dare I
say it) kind of sleek, in a lean, junkyard dog kind of way.

My wife says she likes it 'cause it looks like me (meaning I hope, the kind
of thing I would have built myself).

As much fun as it is to tease the automotive equivalent of ugly dog lovers,
we do all love the mutts.

I think I added to the "unique bouquet" of Peyote when I test drove it down
my driveway with my feet all cramped up and sideways under the pedals. Got
my foot stuck under the brake and on top of the throttle headed for my own
personal Dead Man's Curve. More luck than good driving kept the ol' girl out
of the deep, deep blackberry bushes.

Bill