fot

Re: Racing story

To: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Racing story
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:08:50 -0800
Interesting and scary about the dyno fires.  I've had a bunch and they are
always a thing to worry about.  I cut a fullsize door on the side of the
dyno room and then had then door held in place with just a couple nails so
that the sound stayed in but the door could easily be dislodged if needed in
a hurry to get out.  Well....I needed that door one day when a TR-6 enigine
went AWAY in a hurry and flying burning oil and bits were everywhere...all I
needed to do was hit the nailed on door and I'd be out....WRONG.  Someone
that day had piled a big stack of wheels mounted with tires up against the
door and my escape had to be out the front as usual.  SCARY.