fot

HIGH Roller Rockers vs. Valve Cover clearance

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIGH Roller Rockers vs. Valve Cover clearance
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 14:03:13 -0800
I had a customer that came to me after he had bought a set of high
roller rockers... He discovered he needed to raise his valve cover in
order to clear the rockers... and he was hoping that my silicone gaskets
would raise the stock valve cover enough...   unfortunately, though
taller than a stock gasket, it was not high enough.  (Though he was able
to use the gasket he purchased for another Triumph he owned.)

He did not get back to me with difinitive information... so I am hoping
AMICI might be able to answer...    HOW HIGH does the stock valve cover
need to be to clear these high rockers?

While it will be a hassle and a bad investment... I am considering
modifying one of my molds in order to offer a higher gasket to solve
this problem for the racers.   ...but I don't want to go through the
trouble if I end up shy of the height...    So I need someone out there
with calipers, etc..  Or maybe one of you works for, or has connections
with, the company(s) that make these high rollers?

Thanks in advance.

--Justin