fot

RE: New member nomination

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@cstone.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New member nomination
From: "Dave Brackin" <dbrackin@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 10:01:29 -0500
Hello FOT members,

First, I would like to extend a special thanks to John Frye for the
nomination to FOT.

A little about my self (past tense):
I guess I was bitten by the speed bug early.  My first experience was
building a go cart using a motor I liberated from my dad's chain saw.  After
that it was on to motorcycles til I got my first sports car, a Sprite.  I
can still remember stopping by the local Triumph dealership on Sunday
afternoons, lusting over the TR3's.  Anyway, over the years I've had MGA's,
Healy's and several Triumph's.  I gravitated to autocross as do many sports
car owners, because 'handling' was more important than just going fast.  My
career in engineering allowed (i.e. forced) me to travel a good bit and also
gave me the opportunity to participate in events all over the US.

On to the Present:
I have a '68 TR250, slightly warmed over, lowered 2" w/comp springs,
nylatron on all four corners and 6” panasports.  Used for autocross
(suspension is still too soft) and local club rallys.

I've recently moved to South Carolina and am surrounded by racing action.
As a result, I'm building a '57 TR3 for autocross and hillclimb use.  Ken
Gillanders has been a great help in supplying both advice and parts and it
was he who suggested I get into FOT for additional help/knowledge.

Thanks for the opportunity to join the list
Dave Brackin