fot

Spit O/D trans on eBay

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spit O/D trans on eBay
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:36:49 -0600
Hi all!

If you have noticed, there is a "rebuilt" O/D trans unit that pops up
from time to time on eBay, and never sells because the reserve is not
met.  It didn't sell again yesterday, and I emailed them with an offer.
They emailed back and said the reserve is $1,000 PLUS shipping and
handling, which they said will be about $150, depending on where the
bidder is.

I emailed back and told them I thought they should come down a bit if
they really wanted to sell it, since the O/D unit sells NEW for $795!  I
have NEVER seen anyone wanting that much for a used/rebuilt unit.
(Three times ago it closed at $550, two times ago at about $350, and
last time at about $265.)

So, just FYI if you come across this one again on eBay, bear that in
mind when bidding.  The outfit is from Florida, and their email starts
with ieincparts.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)