fot

Re: NON-TECH Signs

To: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@smtp.interactive.net>,
Subject: Re: NON-TECH Signs
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:07:20 -0500
At 03:56 PM 3/16/00 +0000, Bill Sohl wrote:

>I think I paid about $200 some 10 or more years ago
>for it.  The sign was originally double sided and hung
>outside.  The unit has an aluminum channel frame and
>the 4x6 plastic sign slid into a groove on each side.
>I got the frame and one side at the time and mounted
>it then on the ceiling.  The guy I bought it from kept
>the other side of the sign.  Needless to say it gets great
>attention from other TR owners that have stopped by.

That sounds like the same kind I got, except I was lucky enough to get them
all.   When I first saw them, they were still up on the signpost in front
of the dealership (about 1995), and he had been fighting with the township
to get permission to take the MG, TR, Jag and BL signs down and replace
them with new Dodge and Chrysler signs.  The week I called him he had just
gotten permission, so I got first crack at them.  He also had a "brand
new", 1981 TR8 on the showroom floor, which was still there as recently as
2 years ago.  Never been titled, but has some 20,000 "demo" miles on it.
One of these days I might just become the original owner of a TR8 :-).

Don Marshall