fot

YA-HOOOO!!!

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: YA-HOOOO!!!
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:58:37 -0500
Hi all!

I am one REALLY tired puppy, but I have just had a WONDERFUL weekend!
The Texas Region hosted the SCCA Solo II National Tour, and I spent
three days out at Texas Motor Speedway having a blast!

I finally got Tristan in shape to compete, and ran three autocross runs
Saturday morning and three on Sunday (it was a HUGE course -- well over
1 minute), plus two different lapping sessions of the track (6 laps
total) at 85-90 mph.  He performed quite well -- no mechanical problems
all weekend long!  The only problem was I had forgotten to change the
rear end from the road race gears to the autocross gears, and I was
WA-A-A-A-Y down in the results mostly due to that.  I was about 10
seconds behind on the first day, which was clear and dry, and about 5
seconds on the second day, which was wet and cold.
I really wasn't there to compete as much as to check things out on
Tristan, and in that regard, the event was a huge success!  I was very
pleased with his mechanical function, and now I have a long list of
things to start tweaking...

I got digital photos from the event photographer and posted them at:
http://home.beseen.com/hobbies/spitfiresuz/tour1.jpg
http://home.beseen.com/hobbies/spitfiresuz/tour2.jpg

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me with information and
morale!  This list is GREAT!  And Kas, your signature got several
positive comments from people in the know, and several more from people
who had no idea who you were but thought it was very cool that you would
sign my race car (once I told them who you were).

Keep Triumphing,
Susan  :)

WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!