fot

RE: Six cylinder heads

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Six cylinder heads
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:22:48 -0500
I've had the chance to take a look at the two heads I currently have,
comparing them with the head identification chart which John Macartney
has put together.  The head that was on my 1972 GT6 when I purchased it
has a stamped number of 219019 and a raised casting number of 313247.
The thickness when we started was approx. 3.554.  Based on John's head
identification sheet, it appears that this is a replacement head.  We've
now milled it .263 to get to a thickness of 3.291 and combustion chamber
depth of .415.

The second head comes from an engine I purchased from Sean Alexander.
It has a stamped number of 517528 and a raised casting number of 308351.
The thickness is approx. 3.300.  Based on John's head identification
sheet, it appears that this is a Mk. 2 GT6 head (early version).  Sean,
is that correct?

I notice a couple of entries on the chart for Mk 2 GT6.  Based on the
association with later Mk. 2 2000s, I assume the heads stamped 218225
are later Mk 2 GT6 heads?  Does anyone know if there were
changes/improvements that went with the newer style?

Scott Barr
sbarr@mccarty-law.com
(920) 766-4693
(920) 766-4756 (fax)