fot

Re: Virginia International Raceway

To: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>,
Subject: Re: Virginia International Raceway
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 07:09:53 -0400
At 07:13 AM 5/6/00 -0400, Patrick McMullen wrote:
>John Lye, have you been to the new facility yet?

Yeah, I've been down there quite a few times now.  It is an amazing
facility already, and will be even better when all the plans are
complete.  Not only is it a first rate track (read that as both
challenging to drive well and yet great fun to drive according
to those who've driven it at speed; I've only toured the course
in a Mini-van as yet), but the location is beautiful and the
facilities will be first rate when completed.

>I'm going to try
>and make the July event.  The grand re-opening is in June.  But I
>see it is invitation only for cars and drivers.

We'll have a few of our Caterhams there for the grand opening.
There is a MARRS/SARRC double regional there this coming weekend
(May 13/14), and I think that there are NASA and Car Guys events
at VIR between now and the grand opening - if you want to check
it our, you might try one of those events.

Later,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu