fot

Aluminum flywheel source

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, FOT@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Aluminum flywheel source
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:21:19 -0500
This is a not-for-profit message, although it will sound like an
advertisement. It is an offer for you to get an expensive part for a
non-profit price.

Jim Donato, Sprite racer from Logansport, Indiana, and Jeep Dealer in
that community, is procuring an aluminum flywheel for his Sprite. As a
dealer, he can get it at a very low price from a manufacturer who will
make them on CNC equipment. He decided that this was a good opportunity
to do something for fellow racers, so he is going to have runs of
aluminum flywheels made for:

TR3
TR4
TR6
Spitfire
Sprite - 1275
Sprite - 948

These parts will feature:
New ring gear
Ring gear pinned to flywheel
Refaceable clutch surface
Zero balanced
All existing mating parts will work -- clutches, throwout bearings,
crank bolt patterns
Weight will be between 8 and 12 pounds (stock TR is about 30 pounds)

The price for these flywheels will be between $300 and $350. Since Jim
is running this through his dealership, he will be able to accept VISA
and other plastic. Jim is making zero profit on this deal -- he's doing
it strictly as a favor to fellow racers, so we thought putting the info
on these lists was fair. (I have no financial interest, either, other
than I'm buying one of them.)

Jim needs to know the level of interest in this, so he can determine the
run quantity. Don't tell me--tell Jim by email at

donato1@netusa1.net

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and still racing