fot

Re: hydraulic release bearing - tr250

To: "Coffey, Jack" <CoffeyJack@bfusa.com>,
Subject: Re: hydraulic release bearing - tr250
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 17:20:49 -0400
At 03:57 PM 5/22/00 -0500, Coffey, Jack wrote:
>does anyone out there know of source for hyd.release bearing to fit tr-250 /
>tr-6.

Well, you've got a couple of sources.  Cambridge Motorsports in England
sells a ready-to-bolt-in kit.  It looks like a really nice kit, but it is a
bit pricey.
If you don't mind a bit of fabrication, what Chip Bond and I did was to use
a Howe release bearing (Summit Racing part number: HRE 8288).  There
was a little machining required to make this work and we had to fabricate
the mounting, but it was a lot cheaper (and Cambridge Motorsports had
not come out with their kit at that time).

>I'd like to replace all those @#$%&! Triumph parts once & for all?

The annular release bearing is really nice.

Hope that helps,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu