fot

Re: fot and flares

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: fot and flares
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:06:18 -0400
In 1969 i ran 5 1/2 inch wheels on my tr-4 that  were hand me downs from
group 44 because they were using 6 inch wheels.
I also think 6 inch wheels are plenty wide enough for our vintage tr-4s . I
think in some cases wider wheels are more trouble than they are worth. In
the early 70,s bill brack ran some 8 in. and 10 in. wheels on his lotus f/b
and was faster than most cars running the normal 10 in .and 14 in wheels ,
especillay in  straightaway  speed.
 sometimes bigger is not better ,at least  where cars are involved.