fot

MG/TR Challenge-Mid-Ohio-Countdown to Victory

To: fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, vtr-admin@autox.team.net
Subject: MG/TR Challenge-Mid-Ohio-Countdown to Victory
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:57:55 EDT
OK Triumph Fans!...this is for those that are racing or attending the MG/TR
Challenge on the 22nd-25th of June

The entries for Triumphs outnumber the MGs by about 2 to 1. SVRA says, today,
that entries are still coming in at a rate of about 10 per day and I would
expect a few more MGs & TRs in these entries. Perhaps we will have a field of
40 or so. Fifty would have been good and we are missing some significant
Triumphs....but I am happy.

There will be a race car concours at Noon to 2:15PM on Saturday. Some of you
guys will be there anyway. But, even if you are not part of the concours,
move your TR into this area as the Triumphs and MGs will depart en masse from
this area to the false grid. A little hype and fanfare for the Triumph and MG
fans who might be in the area. It might be a media opportunity as well.
(reads: "self promotion opportunity")

Spigots are supposed to opened a bit early, for the racers and crew, at the
Honda Pavillion for our post race celebration...about 5:15PM or so. Short
presentation this year with Bill Dentinger  presiding once more. Three
trophies will be presented and TRF promised some certificates, if they arrive
in time.

Neat!!! A gaggle of TR3s will be the prominent Triumph configuration. NINE of
them!!!!

There are just four TR4s. I am going to try to keep pace with Don Brick and
Henry Frye while George Wright runs off and hides. (George promises not to do
the 'nasty' to an MG this year)

On the "special" side, we have a Thunderbolt, a Devin, and the Ambro #001.

There are four GT-6s and four Spitfires, some of them very fast.

If anyone has been on the fence, on entry, finish the leap....see you there.

Joe Alexander
FOT National Coordinator
VTR Road Racing Advisor

Dribbling on the future.....while on the phone today I brought up the 50th
Anniversary of the launch of the TR sports series prototype and proposed
another event like the one in 1992. Triumph As The Featured Marque!!!!!!
This will be in 2002, of course. Steve Bidlack of Mid-Ohio race course jumped
on this with great enthusiasm and proposes a meeting with the track
principles and SVRA during the weekend.

I wonder if we could attract some entries and visitors from England on this
one.  More on this later.

Joe