fot

Re: Shipping heavy parts

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, -vintage-race@autox.team.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping heavy parts
From: "Robert Watkin" <robertwatkin@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:17:31 PDT
I disagree with your assumption that you have to eat the cost.  Granted that
Team Triumph "states" it was not cracked when it left their shop (had they
tested it first?), but they know what they are shipping and obviously DID
NOT package it properly.  (They once told me that the transmission that I
bought was in good condition internally.  They have another definition of
"good" than I do.)  Heavy objects need proper packaging.  In my opinion Team
Triumph, at the very least, share some of the responsibility for the damage
due to negligence in packaging.  Even if you had saved the packaging, the
shipper would probably not have assumed responsibility for something that
was not properly packaged in the first place.