fot

Re: 4A frame and spring questions

To: sbracing@execpc.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4A frame and spring questions
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:06:50 EDT
Avoid the aluminum riser blocks and use your existing TR4 springs, if
possible. (As I see it)

You are missing the forward spring mounting brackets, but should be able to
find or fabricate.

Not sure what is happening with your lower a arm mounting brackets, but there
is a 'stiffening/reinforcement' kit for TR6s at TRF as I remember...but can
stand corrected. I think Jack used this kit to fabricate from scratch on his
older frame.

<< Amici :

 I need to replace the lower A-arm mounting brackets on my TR4A frame.
 What is the best way to remove the old brackets and prepare for the
 new?

 Also, is anyone racing with the later type rear leaf springs and the
 required aluminum riser blocks?  Pros & cons on this setup?

 Thumbs Up - Steve.