fot

Air Heads

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Heads
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 06:19:46 -0400
Follow FOTers,

By definition most…no, all of you are motor-heads.  Some of you'll,
however, show serious signs of also being inveterate air-heads to boot.
Throw in you motorcycle types and stink boat captains and you've got the
backbone of Americana right here on the internet.

Back to you air-heads.  Tomorrow night my partner Pat Epps and I are giving
a presentation on the Search and Recovery of a P-38 Lightning we melted out
of the icecap in Greenland eight years ago.  It's a forty minute
presentation covering 12 years and seven Expeditions to the icecap.  For
those of you who can't make it, the punch line is that the plane we
recovered will fly next year.

The event is at 6:00pm at Coles Count Airport which I think is about 100
miles south of Chicago near Charleston(not SC).  Our talk is primarily
focused on the search and recovery part of the adventure. However if you
search the net for the Lost Squadron you'll find some pretty interesting
stuff centred more on the restoration of the plane. If you're interested,
for better info on tomorrow night please call John Blohm @(217) 744-1910.

Richard Taylor
TR-4
Atlanta