fot

The Cathedrals Run (UK) May 20-21, 2001

To: <Undisclosed.Recipients@sioux.hosts.netdirect.net.uk>
Subject: The Cathedrals Run (UK) May 20-21, 2001
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:19:47 +0100
Friends

This is purely for the benefit of Triumph enthusiasts overseas who are likely
to be in the
UK next year on the dates shown above.

Entries are now coming in for this Run for Charity which is just under 800
miles long and
requires completion within 24 hours.
One of the entrants and his wife have generously offered two seats in their
1971 Triumph
2000 saloon for two passengers, although insurance restrictions mean these
passengers will
not be able to drive (unless Charles relents and feels confident to let you
have a go at
the wheel)..

On a first come, first served basis - I can put whoever responds to me off list
in touch
with this person so you can communicate direct. Costs will be shared and each
'guest'
passenger is invited to contribute to fuel costs and meals. With rising costs
of fuel in
UK which by then will probably be US$7.20 a gallon, you should budget for a per
head cost
of about $150.

This will be an ideal way of seeing England and Wales in supreme comfort in a
'Big Six,'
some splendid cathedrals, two ruined abbeys and some breathtaking country.
You'll also
meet some great people. Start and finish is The Heritage Motor Centre at
Gaydon. I'll be
keeping a list of applications received in rotation to cross-refer to available
seats that
may become available over the coming months in other cars - but currently I
have no idea
how many seats will be offered.

Over to you

Jonmac