fot

Good weekend, another thought

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Good weekend, another thought
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:04:58 -0600 (MDT)
Had a good weekend out in Wendover for the IVR event.  A fairly small turnout,
though we did end up with two Formula Fords entering and running.  Killer did
just fine, those old slicks were fun to drive.  I ended up with 23 psi in the
front, 20 in the rear, seemed to work well on the old concrete.  Lots of fun,
but having the slowest car there is sometimes frustrating.  Coming out of
Conair Corner in third gear, accelerate, so to speak, for a few hundred feet,
then into fourth for the seemingly endless trip to the end of the main straight.
Maybe next time I'll take a book to read.  At least I do get in some laps just
under 60 seconds.

Our next event is August 12/13, the weekend *after* VTR.  I should have planned
ahead, too late now.  I doubt many of us will want to spend a week driving from
Portland to Salt Lake just for to flog a Triumph around the old airport.
Maybe for next season, assuming we (IVR, not FOT!) are still around, we can
schedule an event for the weekend right before VTR in Colorado.  So folks could
take a few extra days, bring their car to Wendover for some racing or just
touring, as the case may be, then take a relaxed, scenic drive to the VTR
convention in Colorado.  Unless, of course, there is somehow some other
appropriate event scheduled that weekend at a real racetrack somewhere in
Colorado.

mjb.