fot

Mike Barratt 50th

To: "FOT@autox.team.net" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mike Barratt 50th
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:17:38 -0400
This is primarily for FOT people in the Northeast but I thought many
would recognize Mike Barratt's name.

Mike was Eastern Competition Manager for British Leyland for all the
years that BL supported racing. He is still at Jaguar in the service
department and next Wednesday, the 26th, the company is celebrating his
50th year of employment. He started with British Motor Corporation as a
kid in 1950.

Mike was deeply involved with both MG and Triumph in racing, especially
with MGB and Spitfire. He had his own 6-cyl Mk 3 Spitfire for a while
which he built, using GT6 components.

The point of all this is that the company is doing a big outdoor
luncheon for Mike on the 26th and came up with the idea to have him make
a grand entrance riding in a race car. I am asking if any FOT member
with race car - Spitfire preferred but any TR - would be available and
agreeable to bringing the car to Jaguar headquarters in Mahwah, NJ for
the day next Wednesday.

My opinion of the Human Resources department that waited until this
morning to ask me is not germane (or printable). However, I can
guarantee all expenses and particpation in the luncheon, which wll be
good, for a couple.

That's the bare bones of the deal. Mahwah is at the north end of NJ rte
17, next to the NY border at Suffern. Anyone interested can notify me by
e-mail or call 973 835-9079 or 7604 and I will put them in touch with
Jaguar Human Resources.

Thanks for listening.

Mike Cook