fot

Road Race Report - Almost BRIC to O'Hare

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Road Race Report - Almost BRIC to O'Hare
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:36:29 EDT
    An explanation for the reason that I did not show up to meet with a
number of you at BRIC. [Sorry to "bomb" the list, but I do not have all the
appropriate e-mail addresses.] Hope we can reschedule in the near future.

    For the last three hours of my trip to BRIC on Thursday, my cellular
telephone was not working correctly. So my first course of business after
checking into the hotel was to call home. My second action was to check out
of the hotel and repack the car for Chicago O'Hare.

    Skip Barber's Performance Driving School training was put to the test as
I went through rain and rush hour to catch the last flight back to San Diego.
[ I am not sure whether the Skip Barber should get all the credit for this, I
have been driving in LA than I would like.] With all the bumper to bumper
traffic, occasional blocking, sudden braking and unexpected lane switching
from cars ahead of me, it was almost as exciting as on the race track even
within the speed limit. [LA traffic offers more high speed drafting
opportunities, those Illinois toll booths serve many functions]

    Arrived home to find everything was just fine, Thank God.

Cary