fot

Grassroots Motor Sports-Vintage Views

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Grassroots Motor Sports-Vintage Views
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 16:38:32 EDT
FOT and Triumph List

I have to admit that I kept an ear out for the mail jeep today, as I had
heard rumors to the effect that the Triumph racers were well represented in a
Tim Suddard GRM article. I was not disappointed.

Good article...and facing the article was a full page Moss ad with Mike
Jacksons #62 TR3A featured.

Within the second page is the sports TR series in chronology of body styles:

Bill Dentinger   TR3
Mike Jackson   TR3A
Henry Frye       TR4
Unknown          TR6

On the last pages, the Alexander Racing #197 TR4 got to share the page with
Newman/Tullius/Warner TR6. I was pleased. A lot of good content in the
article. Tim did good.

If you dont have a subscription to GRM, you should. (No conflicted interest
here) Tim is partial to the car of the "great unwashed".

Missing in this issue was coverage of the MG/Triumph Challenge race at
Mid-Ohio, in June. Perhaps Tim and JK Jackson were having far too good of a
time to write an article..as they spent much of their time with us. Or
perhaps this will be in the next issue.

Oh yes, Henry Frye and I have "vendor spaces" at Lime Rock Park's Vintage
Festival over Labor Day. We will be doing GRM autograph sessions...for the
one or two folks who might be interested.

Seriously, we have garnered three vendor spaces, mainly for party space. All
Triumph folks are invited to join us there, if you are going to be there.

The "Amici Triumphi" Banner will be proudly flown...as it was at Portland, OR.

Joe Alexander