fot

Fw: Paul's absense from "British Motoring"

To: <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Fw: Paul's absense from "British Motoring"
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 06:24:19 +0100
Hi Joe

Unfortunately, my last article for British Motoring missed the deadline due
to a lengthy computer crash my end (which also wiped my disc). However, the
editor has had the story for some time now and it will be printed in the
next issue. - It's titled 'Where's the fun gone in motor sport'  and is
about the lack of sportsmanship in F1 and other formulas these days - with
some examples of true sportsmanship from the sixties including some 'fun'.
One snippet relates the time when my late father was asked for a
'cigarette' by another driver who pulled along side him whilst they were
both at full chat on the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans in 1955. As Ken
related this story at a VTR convention does any FOT member know who asked
him for the ciggy??

Best wishes

Paul

> From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
> To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Paul's absense from "British Motoring"
> Date: 17 August 2000 19:11
>
> I just received the latest copy of British Motoring (formerly Moss
Motoring) and quickly thumbed through it for the usual article by
> Paul Richardson.
>
> Much to my surprise (and chagrin) I couldn't find it.  Paul, What gives?
Has your contract expired, or have you merely been on