fot

TR aluminum flywheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: TR aluminum flywheels
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:35:14 -0500
Jim Donato, vintage racer and Jeep dealer from Logansport, Indiana,
undertook a project to have aluminum flywheels made for popular vintage
race cars. Most of those flywheels are now ready and available for sale.
Jim is doing this on a no-profit basis, as a favor to his friends in the
racing community, and Jim asked me to pass the message along because he
is not on the internet.

So far, his supplier has made the Spridget 948 / 1275, MGA, MGB, and TR4
flywheels. I am most familiar with the TR4's. Since Jim is an auto
dealer, he can handle credit cards, checks, and COD, I believe.

These flywheels are made by a quality manufacturer who regularly
supplies flywheels to the speed industry. The TR flywheel weighs 9.2 lb
without ring gear -- he couldn't get enough ring gears to supply them.
The flywheels are drilled for both the TR3 / 4 finger typde clutch and
the TR4A / 6 diaphragm clutch, they have replaceable friction surfaces,
and are zero balanced.

Price $318 for the TR, a few dollars more or less for the others
depending on the amount of aluminum.

If you are interested, please contact Jim Donato at 1-800-886-5337.

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 but no longer racing