fot

Clutch Problems finally solved (Last chapter)

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Problems finally solved (Last chapter)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:46:27 -0700
At least I hope it is the last chapter.

As I said in a prior message, I managed to get the clutch to disengage but in
order to do so, I used the bearing sleeve from an early
Mk1 Spit.  It turns out it was much too short to work properly.  The Longer one
(later model Spits) was too long and had no play
whatever.

In my mind the only solution was to take a spare longer sleeve and have its
length cut down by 1/2 its original length.

I got it all back together last night and since it was too late to fire up Tiny
TIm's engine without disturbing the neighbors, I waited
until today to see if it works.  In a word YES!  It disengages at about 1/2
pedal and does so without any noise at all.

Now I get to go play next Sunday.....  :)

Joe (C)