fot

TR6 Distributor

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Distributor
From: "Wendy Hart" <hartw@plastekgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:44:58 -0400
Dear Listers,

Hi! I have a 1975 TR6. We got it three years ago so I could learn how to
fix cars (bought a british car for this, go figure...).

A little engine background on it:
PO's work: Head has been milled to 10:1 CR, S2 cam, Weber downdrafts,
Monza dual-exhaust, header. All emissions stuff was removed.
Our work: Crane XR-3000 Ignition, Crane PS-92 coil, Crane FireWires,
electric fan. The rest of the engine is stock.

The distributor is original for the car (except for the new Crane stuff
we put in); it only has a vacuum retard thingie on it and it is not
hooked up.

What I'm wondering is should we hook the vacuum retard back up, and how
do we do that? I think the early tr6 distributors had both a retard and
an advance on them, the PI models had the vacuum advance only, and the
late tr6's had just the retard. Has anyone ever tried swapping a late
distributor with an early one or a PI distributor?

We live in Northwest PA, so smog checks are of no concern. It makes
sense to me that the car would run better if some of these hoses were
hooked back up.

Thanks!

Wendy Hart