fot

Re: Help: Robson term Registration # vs. Car's Commission/Chassis # ???

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help: Robson term Registration # vs. Car's Commission/Chassis # ???
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:58:45 EDT
In a message dated 04-Sep-00 16:33:48 Eastern Daylight Time, EISANDIEGO
writes:

> Art
>
>   Does that mean that one should be able to match a chassis number to a
> particular registration number with UK government records?
>
>  Cary

I guess so.  But I don't know how to do that.  My car, for example, has the
registration number DDU 418 B.  It was registered in Coventry in June of '64.
 When I picked the car up in England in June '64 those were the front and
rear plates on it.

BUT, my BMIHT certificate shows both the Commission number and the
registration number.  However I obtained the certificate by citing my comm #
to the BMIHT folks.

Of course I always knew my registration number and one plate is still on the
car.

See what the Brits on the list have to say.  They might know how to cross
reference the numbers with the UK licensing office.

Art Kelly