fot

Southwick Rear Axle Conversion. Addendum

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Southwick Rear Axle Conversion. Addendum
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:48:45 EDT
--part1_9c.75ce4cb.26f7af7d_boundary

Add this to the note:  I also have a TR4 axle housing (without backing plates
and axles) This one can be delivered to Southwick for $75. Regards,

Joe

<< Jack and I dropped off two TR4 axles off at Southwick Machine Shop that I
 brought back on empty loaded trailer. This will save a couple guys shipping
 costs one way.

 I remain optimistic about Southwick to provide quality product that will
 maintain original appearance while preventing the untimely departure of a
 wheel. And about 100# lighter than Ford axle. The plan is still to finish up
 one axle, install in my  #197 and run it at Texas World Speedway in
 October...not to see if it will break, of course. Just to insure dimensional
 & functional integrity.

 That being said, I have two TR3A axles in stock and want to make them
 disappear. I can deliver to Southwick for $50 each...lower than the cost of
 crating and shipping. You can catch up loose parts and dif unit as required.
 I also have ten inch backing plates that I can send along. This way most of
 the work can be done before the old axle is removed. Kent Howard has the
 first right of refusal on one of them. Something to think about when the
time
 comes to make a decision this winter.

 Joe Alexander