fot

2000 Monterey Historics - Peerless Ambro

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: 2000 Monterey Historics - Peerless Ambro
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:55:15 EDT
I've noticed this car before in prior years. This time I paid more attention.
While watching Monterey Historics and fiddling with the carbs on my TR3A I
saw and heard the following:

Yellow Ambro owned by John Wilburn of Lakewood, CA

Alain Decadanet reported that this car "caught him out" as he thought he was
familiar with most all of the 'specials' This is obviously why Alain chose to
showcase the car. I had to laugh when he said, "apparently two guys from
Minneapolis took the top off of a Peerless and modified it". Not entirely
correct, I suppose. More likely they took the complete body off and put the
Ambro body on the Peerless frame.

Wouldnt Bill Ames be pleased with the coverage, in any case?

Next year it would be great if Bill's Peyote (now in Portland, OR) would make
an appearance and Bill's son would arrive with Bill's personal Ambro, (now
being further developed by Robert in Colorado)....the one Bill campaigned in
vintage racing before he succumbed to cancer. A dreamer, I am, but I would
make a special effort to attend MH if there were two and perhaps three
Ames/Brohaugh inspired cars were there in 2001.

Alain Decadenet would really be amazed.

Joe Alexander