fot

Help! SU Carbs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Help! SU Carbs
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:33:05 EDT
My TR4 #197 race car sports the Strombergs and they have been flawless since
I took them off of the shelf (already rebuilt) and installed them in 1992. No
problem here.

However, I have SUs on my street TR3A and I started it for the first
yesterday after rebuild of chassis and driveline. (Body still at Neihaus
Restorations). It runs a high idle even with screw adjusters turned way out.
I can force the idle down somewhat with fingers twisting on the cross shaft.

What few things can I look for to get the idle down? Why am I so stupid after
owning cars with SUs since 1962?

Quick..as I want to test the tranny and Overdrive units, along with the
clutch release. One of these days the body will be ready and I want to do as
much as I can on the chassis before the body goes on.

Regards,

Joe Alexander

====

[Yes, I am back in town after a short vacation, and then a weekend with
 IVR out at Wendover.  Trying to get caught up a bit on list janitor stuff.

 mjb.]