fot

Re: Spitfire overdrive gearbox questions

To: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire overdrive gearbox questions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:53:43 -0700
Susan,
I also don't know about the WH prefix.  It may very well be a Midget
application.

If the input shaft is like the Spitfire 1500 gearbox (fine splines), you might
have trouble finding a disk to fit.  The trouble is that
the Mk3 clutch is smaller than the 1500 one and so you don't have the luxury of
simply getting the other disk (1500's had both the
3-rail and single rail gearboxes with different splines)

I just hope you don't have the same problem with your clutch that I am having
with Tiny Tim.  Yes, that beast has reared its ugly head
again.  I'm on the eleventh time pulling the gearbox.

Regards,
Joe