fot

Re: spitfire input shaft specs needed (single rail)

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: spitfire input shaft specs needed (single rail)
From: "Janice/Matt Matthews" <matthews-home@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:22:34 -0500
For a custom clutch disk I would contact Craig Taylor at Taylor Race
Engineering in Dallas. He has helped us a great deal going from Spitfire
engine to a TR7 transmision.
tayrace1@airmail.net
----------
> From: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net; spitfires@autox.team.net; fot@autox.team.net
> Subject: spitfire input shaft specs needed (single rail)
> Date: Thursday, September 28, 2000 2:16 PM
>
> Help!
>
> Recently a single rail transmission with OD was purchased for
installation in Susan's mk3 spitfire.  Currently the car has a single rail
gearbox installed so we were hoping for a direct swap.  However the gearbox
with the OD attached turns out to have come from a Dolomite 1850.  The
input shaft has 23 splines, is .989" in diameter across the splines and the
distance from the tip of the mainshaft to the outer face of the bearing
race is 7".

> What we need to know is what are the dimensions for a spitfrie 1500
single rail gearbox?  Obviously we're hoping that this gearbox will work as
is with the Dolomite mainshaft in her spitfire but I believe the odds are
going to be against that!!