fot

Re: Not triumph related, but it's racing

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not triumph related, but it's racing
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@pop.mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:49:45 +0000
Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com> wrote:
> My company was one of the sponsors of the all woman team for the Petit
> Lemans race last weekend.  Cindi Lux is from Portland and a heck of a racer.
> We came up with the last chunk of money they needed to field their car in
> the GT class.  They finished fifth out of 48 GT cars that started. It was fun
> to see the car soldiering on through the day and night with Babcock &
> Jenkins plastered all over it.

I watched almost the entire race (happiness is finally
getting Speedvision).  The car did very well and
I would have enjoyed the coverage even more if
they had provided addional coverage of their
effort.

One negative comment on the speedvision coverage
has to do with the ongoing race results.  All they
ever showed was position in class or overall without
any refernece to a car being N seconds behind the
leader...or, in the case of cars not on the same lap,
the number of laps down a car was in relation to
the leader.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl

NEW email address:  billsohl@mindspring.com