fot

Re: Yikes, now what?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yikes, now what?
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:02:10 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

First off, Mark - I would love to see another FP Triumph running Solo II.
It would be way kool to have several TR6's running at the Nationals in
2001...

Good luck selling the car - I hope the proceeds bootstrap/finish one of your
other projects.

Now, the real reason for my post - on the same e-Bay Triumphs-for-sale
web site is a TR4 race car. The car is semi-local to me, being located in
Hartford, CT. But I've seen ads for this car before, notably at the Lime
Rock vintage event probably two years ago. Actually, I've never seen the
car, only flyers.

My question to the FOT masses - has anyone ever seen this car run?? It
had DP class designation, so I presume it's not raced in some time...

Set your browsers to:

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=491401181

And speaking of racers, the TR6 that had been listed (formerly an IT
racer from Alabama) didn't sell. I looked at some pictures of the car
(provided by the seller), and that car looks pretty good, but tired. See:

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/bo/bobboeic/TR001.jpg

There are 6 or 6 images of the car (TR001,TR002 and so forth).

That car looks like a really good starting point for a track car.

Now, if I only had a few $10k's to toss around...

;-)
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |