fot

A wonderful year!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: A wonderful year!
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:41:22 -0600
Hi all!

I just wanted to write and say Brad and I are the proud new owners of a
TR3-based Devin!  And a big thanks to everyone who contacted us
regarding short-term storage until Brad can get up to get it.  We are
looking VERY forward to getting it restored and out and about.  And now
that makes THREE TR3-based Devin owners in about a 200-mile radius here
in Texas!

We are also thrilled at having Joe (a) tote the race TR3 from CA for us
-- thank you SO MUCH for your time and efforts, Joe!  That's what this
list is all about, having people across the country you know, trust, and
can rely on.  Poor Joe had a nasty surprise when the tarp came off the
car after several days of travel, he went back to remove the shreds, and
found the boot lid was missing!  He and Linda fretted all day about it,
wondering where they might have lost it, until they got here and found
that the previous owner had kept it since he had painted a British flag
on it and was quite sentimental about it!  (The PO is sending us another
one, by the way...)

The race 3 is extremely clean, straight, and rust-free -- what an
awesome car!!  We are quite happy with it.  Look for it down at Texas
World in 2002 (and Tristan at Mid-Ohio in 2002)!

It has been a great year for things FOT, and I have actually seen Joe
(a) FIVE times this year!  I really love being able to get together with
ya'll -- Mid-Ohio was a BLAST, and Portland was an awful lot of fun!
Thanks again, Bill, for the warm welcome and the awesome location for
the party!  The "secret" garage was great...  (Kas, can we talk you into
coming to Mid-Ohio in 2002 and performing some tune-up specials...? :)
Visiting John Lye's place a couple weekends ago outside DC (at least you
had a TR in there amidst all the Caterhams and Jaguars! ;) and having a
peek into Fred Thomas's garage was a lot of fun too.

Our last Texas World outing was a very good time, and I hope you will
all follow Joe, Jack, and Kent's lead and make it down for the March
event (talk about overflow parking if THAT happens! ;)   It will be big
fun if they allow Group 4 TR's to run with Group 2 like they were
saying...  Look for me in your mirrors!  :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with those you love and a
safe trip to those of you who are traveling for the holiday.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)