fot

Re: valve springs

To: Frank Axelrod <Frankster@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: valve springs
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:47:24 -0700
Frank,
I experienced a problem with valve springs in the assembly of my 1296 engine.

With the head work that went on, the valve seats ended up higher in the head
and therefore the springs would not install with the
correct pressure.

The fix was two-fold.  First, Ted Schumacher provided some Iskenderian Springs
and we had to install them with spacers underneath to
achieve the proper spring rate.

Regards,
Joe (C)