fot

virus gone

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: virus gone
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:30:17 -0600
Thanks to Simon Favre for alerting me to a possible virus in my
computer, and for Henry Frye for helping me get rid of it.

I received a message from hahaha several days ago and did not open the
attachment. It looked like a dirty joke, and there was no recipient in
the "To" line, both suspicious. The next day, I received this same
message, again not opening the attachment. Then someone sent out a
message saying that this thing was carrying a virus, so I deleted both
messages from my Netscape trash bin. Despite all that, the virus somehow
went back out on at least some of my messages.

Since then I've installed two new pieces of virus protection and have
sent messages to others who can detect incoming viruses, and they have
reported that I'm clean.

Scary stuff.

--

uncle jack

The Attorney General advises that vintage racing may be hazardous to
your wealth.