fot

RE: FOT Voter confusion

To: <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>
Subject: RE: FOT Voter confusion
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:52:51 -0800
And you would have a good chance of that happening in California, depending
on the track, the event, and the sanctioning body. Even our beloved SOVERN
in Washington state is getting sticky with the locals, but if you travel
very far you'd be unlikely to sit out the race.

The Monterrey Historics are super strict about their rules, but you're not
that likely to even see an application blank unless you're a known quantity.

On the other hand, PIR is a fine track with excellent facilities. SIR is the
wildest, wooliest track you'll ever race on.  A long haul for those in the
Midwest (as Joe can attest) but the Portland Historics is a great event,
(July 13,14, 15th). I know the promoter fairly well, and I could probably
convince her do some special hosting and special events. The Portland event
is preceded by the Northwest Historics at SIR the previous weekend (July
6,7,8).

Imagine if you will, a ten day event spanning two tracks. Two races, two
autocrosses, a "California mille" type tour of the northwest in between.
plus all the parties and special events associated with the Northwest's two
premier vintage events and a few more we could put on ourselves. These are
well attended events so getting all the cars registered for both races might
be problematic, but it's certainly possible.

Sounds like a wild time to me.

Bill