fot

Re: Differentiating Racecars by Improvements

To: tedtsimx@q1.net
Subject: Re: Differentiating Racecars by Improvements
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 07:02:07 -0600
If we have an event like this, I'd love to see anything that says "Triumph" on
it
be able to compete. I want to see all the neat stuff. I want to see and hear the
Slagle TR8, Hardy's TR3, Wheeler's ex, the ex-Bond TR, John Lye's super
autocrosser, Bill Warner's TR6, the current SCCA Triumphs, etc. Then there are
the specials -- Ambros, Peyote, Thunderbolt, Devins, Peerlesses (if there really
is more than one). I'd even like to see Dan Masters' V8 powered TR, wouldn't
you?

And, from the standpoint of number of entries and considering the distance of
the
tow, unless all are included the entry list may be a smaller than one would hope
for. It's easier to theorize and dream during these winter months than it is
during the summer when we're considering which events are possible within a
racing budget.

Also, consider the track time factor. If a track is rented for two days, do any
of us really expect to run all day long? Personally, I need some time to clean
other people's oil off the front of my car, and to top up my own.

Most of us feel that the most fun in racing is when you can race with cars of
similar performance. It would seem that the issue of age and level of
preparation
could be solved by having some sort of class separation, at least for part of
the
event.

--

uncle jack