fot

Racing Down Under

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing Down Under
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 07:45:32 +1100
Have enjoyed reading recent plans for FOT race meetings etc.  I realise
that for some of you, this is mostly dreaming while you watch snow
falling on the drive, etc.

By contrast, I'm heading off with trusty TR3A No. 29 to the first
historic race meeting of 2001 at Oran Park - a raceway just to the south
of Sydney, Australia.  Many bits on the car (plus lots of helpful
advice) come from Ken Gillanders and Daryl Uprichard, and I can say that
all their parts seem to work okay even though running "up side down".

 With the last year's race schedule being thrown into a bit of chaos
around Sydney due to some other rather large sporting event you might
have heard bout, it's nice to be back to our regular schedule .  This
particular race celebrates the 25th anniversary of historic racing in
Australia - the first one being held on January 26, 1976.

Just by comparison, there are 3 categories for "Production Sports Cars"
based on their year of production.  I'm in Sa which is up to 1960.
Looking at this weekend's program, I'll be running with MGAs, Morgans,
Alpines, Jaguars, Healeys plus one each of Elva Courier, Porsche, Turner
Mk II and a Corvette.

Beats shovelling snow!