fot

Ian Cowie - TR4A IRS Surrey Topped Racer

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Ian Cowie - TR4A IRS Surrey Topped Racer
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:51:59 EST
This Ian's self introduction.  Welcome him aboard for a great ride...(I am
copying my nephew who is at the U of Melbourne with hopes they might connect)

Joe (A)

<< Hi,
 My name is Ian Cowie. Born 1950. Always been a petrol head, bought my first
 car a Ford (English 4) before I left school, and drove it to school until I
 got caught.  Always loved driving, and fast. Had a ford falcon at a young
 man with 3.6liter engine, F100 diff, Toyota gearbox and 3x SU, all that sort
 of stuff. Spent a few years in mining, on Bougainville Island out in the
 Pacific, got married there. Even drove a Cooper Climax once or twice back in
 the sixties, mate of a mates car, at a track called Symons Plains in
 Tasmania.

 Later restored a 1927 Hupmobile 6. And following that a 1954 Singer SM1500
 roadster. I have had two TR4A's, the latter being so strong when I first
 drove it got the racing bug.

 I try to keep it near to near concourse, and will enter in the competition
 class the day after a night sprint next Saturday, at Calder Raceway (owned
 by Bob Jane a famous Mustang driver here from the sixties) for this years
 TSOA Concourse.

 I have my own business, employing almost twenty people on Oz, and half dozen
 or so in Shanghai China. We are chemical risk management company with
 software designed by me, and support infrastructure. Customers include the
 likes of Shell, Caltex, Castrol and some 250 others.

 I am sincerely grateful for the assistance already received particularly
 form TeriAnn, who introduced me I believe, Uncle Jack, and Wes. Thank you
 all. And I look forward to being able to share my passion.

 Thank you in anticipation

 Ian
 777