fot

Rules and Other Twists/Flying the John Deere Flag

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Rules and Other Twists/Flying the John Deere Flag
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:28:02 EST
The Nylock and other well intentioned flavor of the month rulings got me to
thinking.

Really unrelated, but funny anyway. At one of the 'former' Chicago Historics
we were paddocked just around the corner from Turn Five,  100 yards off
track, and we were flying a Yellow John Deere Flag with leaping Deere on a 20
foot pole. (Two Retirees)

The Can Am guys complained because as they came down the hill they became
distracted, as they perceived it to be a caution flag.

We thought a bit odd as we were so far away from the track, and they likely
had to look up, but ultimately we  understood. Nobody needs to be distracted
while flying one of these Can Am monsters...but I am not sure I would be
distracted by an open Monza Gas Cap.

Joe