fot

Re: fot-digest V1 #276

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fot-digest V1 #276
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:09:59 EST
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:33:11 -0800
> From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: Commission plate query
>
> Leon :
>
> Just like the external VIN plate, I believe your car is exempt from the
> closed crankcase requirement due to it's age.  Even the valve seals are
> probably not required, unless the smoke is really bad.

>>>Depends on your definition of bad, but it is visible, in fact my car is
not 'using' any more oil than six cylinder Triumphs were meant to use when
they were current models.

Sealed beam

> headlamps are also no longer a requirement (even though they were in
> 1963).

>>>Really? That is interesting, if that were the case, then I could just fit
the RH-dip Cibies that I bought specifically for using my car in
Europe/America and not worry about the sealed beams!

> required.

>>>My Cibie Quartz-Halogens are very powerful and I wouldn't want to blind
oncoming traffic or fall foul of the law.

> Sorry about the name thing, I assumed you found the 'i' preferable to
> the 'e' when the accent was not available.
>

>>>It's OK, I didn't really mind, (kinda liked it actually), but I thought
I'd better set the record straight...as it kept appearing incorrectly.
I have been called worse!!! (Liam, or Lee,Leam or Leo  for instance).

Best Regards

Leon F Guyot