fot

Tire Factory Race Support

To: ames@cmn.net
Subject: Tire Factory Race Support
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:56:39 EST
    Most competition tires departments have a free advisory service regarding
tire pressures. There are a lot of factors that go into tire pressures
including whether the car has inherent understeer or oversteer. My experience
with the factory representatives is that they are very helpful and give you a
good starting point. the more details you can give them about your cars
setup, the more they are able to assist.

    I would like to see a picture of Mr. Ames's Devin cornering at speed with
those tire pressures. He probably getting well over the factories intended
use of the tires sidewalls. Ian is probably getting far too little use of his
sidewall. Infact, I suspect IAN is mayb is not getting the full tire patch to
the roads surface.

    I recall the factory representatives use to recommend mid to high 20
ranges for the R1s. I usually found myself lowering the tire pressures from
their recommendations and adjusting to track conditions. I ran about the same
pressures as Bill in my TR3, maybe 1 to 2 pounds less.

    Regards to All, Cary