fot

Fwd: Tires

To: frankdaley@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Tires
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:47:45 EST
I spoke with Roger Kraus (Tires, Inc. in No Cal) to ask him what are the
options for 15 " race tires. I thought his reply was interesting, so I pass
it along FWIW:

'There are no radials being produced in 60 series and stocks are long gone at
the manufacturers. The Clubs have not ruled officially on what they are going
to do. Steve Earle (Monterey Historics) will likely rule to only allow
70-series vintage style  bias ply tires.  This will probably force the hands
of CSRG, SOVREN, maybe VARA, to follow. HSR West did a deal with Kumho Tires
and runs a Porsche series using 55-series tires in a kind of "plus One"
wheel/tire set up. Hardest hit are 15" and 14" sizes now,but he expects 13"
to dry up as well.'  Spit drivers take note!