fot

Re: Scrappy prep for GR/front springs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scrappy prep for GR/front springs
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:26:03 EST
We've decided we need a bit more ground clearance for Great Race. The back
leafs are ok, I know how to do that. Does anyone know if the later TR4 stock
coil (1.25" longer free length) will have good articulation and go into a TR3
without making it too stiff?

The goal is about 1"-1.5" more ground clearance all the way around and keep
the suspension supple enough to absorb shock. I know this flies in the face
of 'low and stiff' for road racing, but unfortunately America's backroads are
not always as smooth as Laguna Seca. Especially when you have to hit rural
grade crossings at your posted speed...

Steve Hedke
Team Scrappy  1957 TR3
Great Race #45