fot

Re: Assuming 4.11's are around?

To: <N197tr4@cs.com>, "Henry Frye" <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Assuming 4.11's are around?
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:22:20 -0800
We had cars delivered back in 1955 with overdrive and a 4.1 diff ratio.
This was an OPTION and some of the ordered cars were so equiped.  Special
order got youi a 4.1 but you would probably have to wait a couple months.  I
found the 4.3 and the 4.55 gears by accident when out to dinner with the
head of the gear train engineering.  They were used in some funny trucks or
other vehicles made for the near East countries as I remember. I do remember
that the engineering staff thought I was crazy to think I might ever use
those devils.  (4.55 with O.D. was a GOER). These ratios  were never a
optional item from the factory but were available from the parts department
through the compeition number.