fot

Harmonic Dampers, Honestly

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Harmonic Dampers, Honestly
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:28:54 EST
Greetings all,
can anyone tell me if typical harmonic dampers are "tuned" for resonance or
are they all essentially alike and by extension...interchangeable.
My damper separated at Phoenix last week and I'd like a solution to prevent
it happening again.  One solution is to not strip the teeth off third gear
and buzz the motor to F1 revs but I thought an engineered solution might be
fun too.
Does anybody have any experience with Fluidampr, ATI or the Rattler
aftermarket dampers.
Would changing the static weight change resonance or such??
Thanx, Steve